Applications are now open!
All applications for funding should be made through our Flexi-Gant portal. You will need to have a Flexi-Grant account, these are easy to set up and advice and guidance is available on our application and review process page.
Applications will close 3pm 29 January 2024.
Clinical trial award:
- To support trials of new treatments including new and existing molecules, either not yet licensed for any indication or already licensed for use in other indications
Project grant and pump-priming awards:
- To support and improve earlier diagnosis of mesothelioma (including discovery science that underpins this aim)
- Contribute to the fundamental understanding of how asbestos causes cancer and/or how mesothelioma develops
Early career starter awards for PhD graduates
Available for all post-doctoral researchers who completed their PhD. To apply for this award, you must not have been the Principal Investigator or Grantholder for a grant award in excess of £100,000. Awards are for projects running up to 18 months with up to £100,000.
Healthcare professional PhD bursary awards
Available for healthcare professional who have secured a PhD but whose stipend will not cover their living costs. To apply you must either:
- Currently be studying for a PhD and have at least 6 months remaining at the time of award (June 2024)
- Received confirmation and secured funding for a PhD that will commence before June 2025 (12 months after time of award)
- occupational therapists
- practitioner psychologists
- speech and language therapists
Applicants will be required to provide evidence of the funding requested to ensure the award will not go above their clinical salary.